As the name suggests, Water 101 is an introductory space for those interested in learning more about the different specialisations within the water industry.
We welcome all young water professionals (those with less than 5 years of industry experience) to be exposed to the impressive work of a diverse selection of AWA specialist networks. This will be a fantastic opportunity to grow in your foundational understanding of key areas of the water industry.
You will leave the event with an overview of the main goals and activities of each specialist network. An expert representatives from each network will present on recent achievements, identified challenges, and foreseen opportunities within their respective network; based off their own professional experience.
The four specialist networks that will be highlighted at this event are:
- Regional, Rural & Remote water - Active advocates for regional water issues and the supply of safe drinking water, allocation of water resources, and the impacts of climate change.
- Water Recycling - Sharing recycling knowledge and resources to ensure a reliable, climate-resilient, and economically sound water source for Australian communities, industries and agriculture.
- Water Quality - Strengthens water quality technical and integrative expertise by evaluating new and emerging technologies, showcasing research, and supporting development of national standards.
- Catchment Management - Supports collaboration to inform integrated catchment management, and advocates for consistent national catchment management standards.
The Speakers for each of the networks are:
- Regional, Rural and Remote - Danny Burkett
- Water Recycling Yunal Kumar and Jonathan Knudsen
- Water Quality - Yulia Shutova and Tania Strixner-Harvey
- Catchment Management - Greg Greene
There also will be a unique opportunity for discussion and engagement with the network representatives following each presentation.
||Wednesday 1st June 2022
||6:00pm - 7.30pm AEST
||Online via Zoom
Please select one of the options from below.
|Students (current student pass required)
If you wish to find out more about AWA's membership benefits, contact email@example.com.
For any enquiries for this event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org