THE Australian event where professionals from all areas of water come together to take our industry forward. If you want to be part of the journey or just connect, make it a priority!
A Proud History
Formerly known as the Federal Convention held for the first time in 1964, Ozwater has grown to be Australia’s premier water conference.
The program of speakers, papers, and workshops is developed by and for people working with water to support water excellence, networking opportunities and international engagement.
The annual three-day, multi-stream conference is complemented by 200+ exhibitors making up the largest water exhibition in the Southern Hemisphere.
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre | Tuesday 30 April – Thursday 2 May 2024
The 2024 theme Accelerating Action is a rally cry to our community addressing the vital role water must play in the climate crisis of our current time. Together, we will ignite a powerful movement towards a sustainable water future. Ozwater'24 will take concrete steps to effect lasting change.
We will explore actionable strategies that empower individuals, organisations, and governments to make a tangible impact.
Call for Papers
Ozwater opens a Call for Papers each August closing in September. Technical content is complemented by inspiring keynotes, interactive workshops and networking activities.Get involved
Exhibit at Ozwater
Showcase your water products, technologies and services at the largest trade exhibition for water in the Southern Hemisphere.Exhibit at Ozwater
Support Ozwater and connect your business with Australia’s largest water professional network and build your brand.Support Ozwater
How to register
Registration opens in December 2023 for Ozwater’24.
AWA members receive highly discounted registration prices.
Non-members can also take advantage of registering and becoming a member of AWA at a discounted rate.
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
Tuesday 30 April – Thursday 2 May 2024
Key dates for Ozwater'24
Launch of program and registration
Future Ozwater Locations
Ozwater’25 | Adelaide
The team from AWA seamlessly hosted a hybrid event that broadened accessibility to a diverse audience and enabled attendees to network, learn about innovative technologies and approaches being adopted in other jurisdictions, and offered valuable professional development opportunities for our people. The breadth of the program, in particular, enabled participation, inspiration and engagement on topics that are critical to not just the water industry, but to broader environmental, city shaping and customer focused outcomes.
The workshops were relevant and very helpful. I especially liked the selection of keynote speakers. The speakers did really challenge our thinking and they made us realise, through their research and stories, the critical role of our industry will have in the future. I notice every year the Australian Water Association is lifting the bar in terms of quality, relevance and value. I am looking forward to attending next year’s conference.
We have exhibited at Ozwater for close to 20 consecutive years, we have received nothing but professional and reliable support and service from the team. The events are always well prepared and professionally managed, a real credit to the events team, we will continue to exhibit into the future and highly recommend the event to others.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are a number of ways to be part of Ozwater:
- Share your insights, projects and learnings by submitting an abstract – more details on abstract, technical paper, case study or video pitch can be found on the Call for Papers page of the website. Each year the Call for Papers opens in August and closes in September.
- Submit an Expression of Interest for a Workshop or Panel. Each year the EOI opens in August and closed in September.
- Become a reviewer. Are you an AWA member with experience and knowledge of any of the conference themes? We would love to hear from you!
- Volunteering at the event, contact email@example.com for further information.
Are you looking to connect your business with Australia's largest water professional network? Or broaden your reach and build your brand across digital channels and face-to-face experiences?
- There is a diverse range of sponsorship opportunities available, or we can tailor a package to suit your organisation’s needs.
- Participate in the largest trade exhibition for water in the Southern Hemisphere. Exhibition opportunities are now available.
- Apply to host a pre or post-event site tour.
- Connect with peers from across the industry in the multiple networking opportunities.
- Build new relationships with peers and suppliers that can be taken back to your organisation.
- Hear from inspiring industry leaders and gain new knowledge that will help you become more efficient and effective in your job.
- Learn about new products/services in the industry at the trade exhibition that can be taken back to your organisation.