QWater'21 Best Paper Presentation
The QWater'21 Conference was held on 25 and 26 November at Sea World Resort on the Gold Coast. The event was a terrific success, with 300 people in attendance across the two days, and multiple highlights across the 33 technical presentations, 30 exhibitors, four keynote speakers and the Safety Program on Day Two.
The Best Paper of the conference was awarded to Kelly Hopewell from the City of Gold Coast, for her paper From Little Things Big Things Grow: Lessons Learnt from an Environmental PFAS Investigation.
The judges commented on Kelly's engaging and personable presentation, as well as the fascinating subject matter. It was noted that Kelly identified a tangible problem that may have implications for all wastewater treatment plants in Queensland (and beyond) and a pioneering study into PFAS.
The abstract for Kelly's paper can be found here. She has been invited to speak at the 2022 North Queensland Conference.
Thank you to our Conference Sponsors:
- Host Sponsor: Seqwater
- Principal Sponsors: Arup, Veolia
- Conference Supporters: Unitywater, GHD
- Coffee Sponsor: Interflow
- Best Paper Sponsor: The University of Queensland
- Dinner Sponsor: SUEZ
- Lunch Sponsor: WSP
- Safety Innovation in Utilities Program Supporters: Seqwater, Unitywater, Urban Utilities, City of Gold Coast, Redland City Council, Logan City Council
Photos from the two days can be found here.