A Message from our incoming President
It was with anticipation that I awaited the results of the election for the SA Branch Committee. This was the second time in our history that the applications for committee membership outnumbered the places available.
So fast forward and I am pleased to announce the following continuing and new committee members:
- Jodieanne Dawe – Uni SA
- Phil Staniford - KBR
- Lionel Ho - SA Water
- Nicole Hughes - Trility
- Adam Medlock - Trility
- Brett Reichstein – Fulton Hogan
- Andrew Wilkins – SA Water
- Carly Soutter – Hunter H2O
- Bethany Cooper - UniSA
- Steve Morton – Department for Environment and Water (new)
- George Di Cicco – Osmoflo (new)
- Nicolas Robin – Veolia (new)
- Danni Haworth – WGA (new)
- Jeremy Lucas – SA Water (new)
- Julien Anese – Suez (new)
- Harriet Whiley – Flinders Uni (new)
- Justin Brookes – Adelaide Uni (new)
- Naomi Struve – Department of Energy and Mining (new)
My role on the committee has changed, and I step up as President for the SA Branch of the AWA. I am taking on this challenge after two years as Vice President, where I have learnt ‘how to’ from Elsie Mann. Elsie becomes the Immediate Past President, and I am sure to lean on her for continued advice and guidance.
Congratulations to Carly Soutter, who was voted in as the SA Branch Vice President. Carly has been an active contributor to various sub-committee roles, and always brings passion and a positive attitude, which will help us get through whatever challenges the next two years will throw at us.
Congratulations to Loreline Kerlidou stepping up as SA YWP Chair and Jack Carbone, SA YWP Vice Chair. I look forward to working closely with you, to further engage with people starting their water journey.
The diversity of the committee, in all its forms, is broader than in previous years. This has already brought some new ideas and fresh perspectives, and I really look forward to working with this enthusiastic and energetic group, together with our Member Engagement Manager, Marc Sneddon.