WA YWP Committee profile: Amay Mehta
Amay Mehta is a member of the Western Australia Young Water Professionals (YWP) sub-committee. We asked Amay a few questions to find out a little more about him.
1. Career highlight to date?
Completed my Masters in Chemical Engineering and secured a full-time, graduate position (2019).
2. What do you think the WA water industry does well?
The social events, which are always extremely well planned and run. The technical presentations are also a personal favourite of mine, although I have only been to one so far.
3. Why did you become a member of the WA YWP sub-committee?
I joined the YWP as a 22-year-old, inexperienced engineering student in order to create networks and, quite frankly, build confidence amongst other professionals.
4. What do you see as the biggest challenge facing the WA water industry?
From someone who has just completed their studies, I believe there is a lack of a information presented to students about the water industry. I would definitely like to see more students pursuing a career in water.
5. Favourite ice cream flavour?
6. Where was your last holiday?
I visited Japan at the start of 2019. Had a great time skiing in Hokkaido as well as exploring the streets of Osaka and Tokyo!