CALL FOR ABSTRACTS OPEN UNTIL APRIL 23
Download the Call for Abstracts
Download the Abstract Template
Date: Thursday, June 22 2017
Time: 9:00AM for 9:30AM start
Venue: Parmelia Hilton Hotel, Perth
The water industry is faced with the opportunity to embrace the advancement of emerging smart technologies. The integration of the physical world with the digital world offers endless opportunities for application, but at the same time presents future challenges on risk management, development of policy, regulation and ethics. This Conference will bring together water industry leaders from private, government, and research organisations around this central theme. This is a fantastic opportunity for industry professionals to showcase their knowledge and contributions on how the water industry can embrace smart technologies moving into the future, discuss what they learned from their experiences, and to broaden their minds and thinking.
This Conference is hosted by the AWA WA Professional Development Sub-Committee.
The full day program has been tailored for delegates with a range of backgrounds including utility, government, research, policy development, private consulting and industry engagement. Keynote speakers and presenters will share their experience, and facilitate discussion by challenging and inspiring delegates beyond their education and workplace capabilities.
Benefits of Attending
• Represent yourself and your organisation at a state conference and promote your ideas to research, industry and government representatives
• Contribute to the discussion on developing the future of the water industry
• Network with other industry and experienced water professionals and build connections for future collaboration
• Continuing professional development over one whole day through presentations, workshops and networking
SESSION 1 & 2: The Internet of Things (IOT) in the Water Industry
• What IOT technology is currently being used in the water industry?
• What are the possibilities for the future of IOT technology for the water industry?
• What IOT Technology is needed in the future for the water industry? What does the future look like?
• How can we utilise big data to benefit customers and the community?
• How can the water industry utilise machine learning?
• What examples are there of smart water and wastewater systems (Case Study)?
• What emerging technologies could be used in the water industry?
• Smart technology solutions and sustainability?
SESSION 3: Risks versus Reward
• Is there such a thing as too much data? -High quality data versus high quantity of data.
• What are the challenges of dealing with big data?
• What could be the impacts if a water or wastewater system is compromised/hacked?
• What are the risks around misuse of data (private, corporate, industry, etc)?
• Are the benefits worth the risks?
• What are the costs of implementing IOT technology in water or wastewater schemes?
• Are the benefits worth the costs?
• Is development happening too fast ?
• What is the fail safe plan?
SESSION 4: Policy and Ethics
• How do privacy and individual rights get impacted? Should people be concerned?
• Who owns the collected data?
• How much can automation and smart systems impact job creation and job losses?
• To what extent do we allow IOT/smart systems to control part of the water industry?
• How much regulation around IOT/smart systems currently exists? Is regulation keeping up with the technology, and what are the dangers if it doesn’t?
IS YOUR EMPLOYER AN AWA MEMBER? Please contact Siobhan Jennings for the discount code if you are not a member but your employer is so that you can register at the member rate.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registrations opening next week
If you have any questions please contact Siobhan Jennings on 0448 146 222 or email@example.com
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds for cancellations however substitute delegates are accepted at no additional cost.
|Group of 4
|Discount Member (Retired, student)
| Breakfast & Conference
|| Coming Soon