Date: Thursday, June 22 2017
Time: 9:00AM for 9:30AM start
Venue: Parmelia Hilton Hotel, Perth
Download the program
Download the abstracts
The water industry is faced with the opportunity to embrace the advancement of emerging smart technologies. The integration of the physical world with the digital world offers endless opportunities for application, but at the same time presents future challenges on risk management, development of policy, regulation and ethics. This Conference will bring together water industry leaders from private, government, and research organisations around this central theme.
This Conference is hosted by the Australian Water Association WA Professional Development Sub-Committee.
The full day program has been tailored for delegates with a range of backgrounds including utility, government, research, policy development, private consulting and industry engagement. Keynote speakers and presenters will share their experience, and facilitate discussion by challenging and inspiring delegates beyond their education and workplace capabilities.
- Mega Trends, Parallel Universes & Innovation (e.g Telco, Utility, Transport), Mark Atkinson, Itron & Internet of Things Alliance Australia
- Industrial Internet of Things and Water Resource Management, Lindsay Preece, Department of Water WA
- Storm-I Getting more from Strategic Infrastructure Assets, Thomas Joseph, Mott MacDonald, Auckland
- The Internet of Things in the Water Industry, Tony Wise, Sensus - Xylem Inc, Melbourne
- Cost effectiveness of SIGFOX based AMR System for water management benefits, Guenter Hauber-Davidson, WaterGroup
- The Digital Tide for water utilities, Richard Bartholomew, Arup
- What might a 21st Century water utility look like, Mike Mouritz, Curtin University
- How Industry 4.0 and IOT can be rolled out for advantage of the water industry while maintaining safety and security, Christopher Vains, Siemens
Workshop - Digital Tide
Join us for an interactive discussion of digital’s impacts on the water industry. As part of a global research initiative, Arup has developed a series of digital disruptor informational cards to help shape the conversations around digital within the water industry. This workshop will introduce the cards to the audience, and then an interactive discussion will centre around the impacts and opportunities as seen from various perspectives such as the customers, regulators, public and private sector utility owners and providers. Following this, the top opportunities and issues can be addressed through the development of a high level digital strategy and framework going forward.
Benefits of Attending
Represent yourself and your organisation at a state conference and promote your ideas to research, industry and government representatives
- Contribute to the discussion on developing the future of the water industry
- Network with other industry and experienced water professionals and build connections for future collaboration
- Continuing professional development over one whole day through presentations, workshops and networking
IS YOUR EMPLOYER AN AUSTRALIAN WATER ASSOCIATION MEMBER? Please contact Siobhan Jennings for the discount code if you are not a member but your employer is so that you can register at the member rate.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Click the log in button on the top right hand corner or create account
2. Once logged in, click the "Register Myself" button
3. Select the correct registration type
4. Proceed to the checkout for payment
If you have any questions please contact Siobhan Jennings on 0448 146 222 or email@example.com
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds for cancellations however substitute delegates are accepted at no additional cost.
||Non Member Price
|Group of 4
|Discount Member (Retired, student)
|Breakfast & Conference