Socialising Potable Water Reuse
To-date, proposed use of recycled wastewater for drinking has been met with significant public concern and controversy and is likely to remain a contentious issue in the future. The Australian Water Association has assembled a panel of varying experiences and views on the social barriers to implementing potable water reuse in Australia and Globally.
Attendees can look forward to drinks and canapes on arrival, after which the panel will have four thought leaders from the industry engaging in discussion with audience participation. The event will finish off with a Q&A session and informal networking to continue the conversations.
- Prof. Judy Motion – Environmental Humanities (UNSW)
- Dr. Matthew Kearnes – Environmental Humanities Group (UNSW)
Topics will include:
- Public responses to drinking recycled water
- Perception of risk, “the yuck factor”, and environmental benefit
- Equity, fairness and justice in planning
- Trust in governing bodies and regulatory frameworks
- Global perspectives on potable reuse
Employee of a corporate member: $40
Thank you to our Host Sponsor: