The theme for this conference is "A changing tide - opportunities and trends in water". This conference will challenge delegates to look at the changes facing the ACT and its surrounding region.
The topics for this year's conference include:
- Trends & Opportunities in Governance, Policy, Regulation and Structure
- Excellence in Operations and Asset Management
- Customer and Community Driven Change
- Inspiring Change - People & Organisations in the Water Sector
- Servicing & Supporting Rural, Remote and Regional Areas
Download the program
View the presentation summaries
Introducing our Opening Speaker…
Professor Kate Auty, ACT Commissioner for Sustainability and the Environment
Professor Kate Auty is the ACT Commissioner for Sustainability and the Environment and a Professorial Fellow with the University of Melbourne.
Other recent roles included Vice Chancellor’s Fellow (University of Melbourne), Victorian Commissioner for Environmental Sustainability (2009-2014), Chair of the Ministerial Reference Council on Climate Change Adaptation (Victoria 2008-2010), member of the Victorian Premier’s Climate Change Advisory Council (2009-2010), and a City of Melbourne Climate Change Ambassador developing the Future Melbourne Plan 2026 (2015).
She was previously a member of the advisory board of AURIN, and chair of the advisory board of NeCTAR, and she continues as a member of the advisory board of the ACSEES (MDBA).
Kate was a director on the Board of the AWiA Ltd in 2017 and she continues on the boards of MSRF Ltd and The Rescope Project Ltd. She chairs the North East Water Community Energy Advisory Board and the Board of the Banksia Foundation Ltd. In early 2018 Kate agreed to be co-opted to the board of Sustainable Business Australia.
Date: Thursday, 21 June 2018
Venue: CSIRO Discovery Centre
AWA Members: $190
AWA Non members: $240
How to register:
1. Click the log in button on the top right hand corner or create account
2. Once logged in, click the "Register Myself" button
3. Select the correct registration type
4. Proceed to the checkout for payment
For any inquiries regarding the conference, please contact Tanya Cameron at TCameron@awa.asn.au.
Proudly sponsored by: