The Australian Water Association’s South Australian Water Awards are the SA water industry’s highest accolades.
Established in 1996 to recognise and celebrate outstanding contributions to the South Australian water industry, the Awards acknowledge the sector’s “best of the best”, shining a spotlight on exceptional achievements across the state in a range of organizational and individual categories.
Each year the number of entries grows, as do the number of attendees at the annual SA Gala Dinner and Awards Night, where the winners are announced.
This high-profile industry endorsement brings finalists and winners widespread recognition of individual and organisational achievements; generates PR and media opportunities; creates a point of difference from competitors; and generates team and corporate pride.
2020 South Australian Water Awards – Finalists & Winners
The winners of the 2020 SA Water Awards were announced on Friday 6 November at the South Australia Water Awards & Gala Dinner. To read about this year’s winners click here. To read about each of the shortlisted finalists, view the Official Dinner Program Booklet.
View the Image Gallery
2021 Award Nominations will open June 2021
The SA Branch Awards categories are:
Special Award: The Premier's Water Medal/ South Australian Water Professional of the Year
(sponsored by Department for Environment and Water)
Nomination for the Premier’s Medal must be made by a current member of the Association’s SA Branch Committee, via the online form.
- Each year the Association’s SA Branch Committee nominates eminent individuals to be considered for the Premier’s Water Medal.
- The Medal recognises individuals who, over the previous 5 years, have displayed passion and commitment, while also inspiring positive change in the South Australian water sector.
- To be eligible for the Premiers Water Medal the individual must be a Professional Member of the Association, or an employee of a Corporate Member.
- The individual must display an exemplary personal and professional contribution to the industry, be recognised for their vision, leadership and influence amongst colleagues and peers, be recognised for fostering diversity, inclusion and equality in the water sector and be recognised as an advocate for the industry and displayed a commitment to community or cross-sectoral outreach.
- The winner will represent South Australia as a finalist for the Water Professional of the Year at the Australian Water Awards, held at Ozwater 2021 in Adelaide.
All Awards, aside from the Student Water Prize, are open to Australian Water Association members only
. To download the Conditions of Entry click here.
A judging panel will be formed by the Australian Water Association SA Branch Committee, consisting of industry experts. Short-listed entrants will be required to give an oral presentation to the judges for final consideration.
In addition to your written award submission, you will be required to make a short presentation in person
or online via Zoom
to the SA Awards Judging Panel.
Organisational Awards are exclusive to AWA Corporate Members.
Where there are multiple partners in an award submission, some who are members and some who are not, the submission is eligible for entry. However marketing and publicity arising from the entry, inclusion as a finalist, and the award, will be limited to AWA Corporate Members.
If you have an award-worthy project, but are not a member, or if you are a non-member partner in a submission, please contact our SA Branch Manger, at firstname.lastname@example.org
to discuss membership benefits.
Frequently asked questions
To view the Awards FAQs, click here.
Thought Leader Partner
Premier’s Medal Sponsor
Young Water Professional of the Year Award Sponsor
Find out more about previous winners here
For queries about the SA Awards please contact:
P: 02 9467 8419