Young Water Professional of the Year Award (Gary Ingram Memorial Award)
The Tasmanian 2017 YWP Award is now open and will be presented at the Galah Dinner & Debate on Thursday, 30 November 2017. Submissions close 13 October 2017. To find out more about the nomination criteria and to nominate click here.
First awarded in 2012, the award is named in honour of Gary Ingram, a valued Committee Member of the Australian Water Association – Tasmania’s Branch. Along with a keen involvement in membership and policy, Gary was instrumental in introducing the Galah Debate concept to the Association. In recognition of Gary’s commitment to the water sector the Tasmanian Young Water Professional of the Year Award has named and is presented in his memory. The Award is presented annually at the Galah Dinner & Debate.
Winners of the Young Water Professional of the Year Award:
- 2016 – Mark Rippon
- 2015 – Cameron Jessup
- 2014 – Daniel Ford
- 2013 – Elizabeth Hickman
- 2012 – Andy Crawford
Tasmanian Water Environment Merit Awards (TWEMA)
The Tasmanian Water Environment Merit Award (TWEMA) is awarded by the Tasmanian branch of the Australian Water Association for a project, initiative, product or service which has achieved outstanding management or development of water resources on a sustainable basis in Tasmania in the past three to four years.
- 1997 - Henty Gold Mine: Environmental safeguards when mining on a commercial scale.
- 2001 - Rice Grass Association: Restoration of estuarine environments by removing an introduced species.
- 2003 - Dept of Primary Industry, Water & Environment, Water Resources Division: Establishing an exceptional data base for river health on a state-wide basis.
- 2006 - Greening Australia: Environmental and educational benefits to many catchments and farms of the Northern Riparian project.
- 2011 – Hydro Tasmania: Sustainable Low Lake Management in Hydro Tasmania’s Lakes
- 2013 – Pitt & Sherry: Lower George River Floodplain Risk Management Plan
- 2015 – GHD / Nyrstar: Integrated Water Management Project at Nyrstar, Hobart
If you have any queries about the Awards please contact:
T 0438 246 400