Young Water Professional of the Year
The Young Water Professional of the Year is awarded to an exceptional water professional who aligns with the AWA purpose of inspiring and driving a sustainable water future. The awardee will be able to demonstrate their leadership, influence and passion for the water sector. This award is open to all Professional AWA Members and Employees of Corporate AWA Members who are 35 years of age or younger at the time of submission to their state or territory award round.
Complete the Nomination Form
We'd like to make a special mention of Xylem who kindly support the Young Water Professional award across many of our state awards and our national award. Thank you for your commitment to helping the Association recognise and celebrate the achievements of our YWP's.
- Displayed an exemplary personal and professional contribution to the sector.
- The individual has shown initiative, motivation and passion and has made an impact on the sector.
- Recognised as a leader and visionary amongst colleagues, peers and the broader community
When completing the online nomination form
you will be asked to answer the following.
- Describe how you have through your primary professional role contributed to the water sector? (500 words)
- Describe how you are promoting and inspiring a sustainable water future outside of your primary professional role, eg through roles you have volunteered for within your organisation or extra-curricular activities. (500 words)
- Please upload:
- 2 Reference statements addressing the judging criteria and why the nominee should be awarded the Young Water Professional of the Year. At least 1 reference statement should be from a direct or line manager (500 words each - uploaded as a .pdf file)
- Hi-resolution photos x 3
- Please provide a short promotional blurb about the nominee, to be used should they be selected as a finalist, to promote the nominee and to be used at the awards presentation event. (50 words)
Note: Winners of the State Award who progress to the National Award will asked to prepare a three-minute video overview of the nominee for promotional purposes. This video should feature the nominee, by either being on camera and/or speaking, for more than 75% of the video
2021 National Winner - Australian Young Water Professional of the Year
Simon has expertise in planning, design, strategy, law, and policy and proactively seeks to develop the skills, knowledge, and networks necessary to make a positive impact on the water sector. He is passionate about Integrated Water Management and Water Sensitive Urban Design and is the driving force behind the creation and rapid growth of Our Future Cities. Simon is making an incredibly significant
contribution to the advancement of sustainable water management through his various roles.
2021 National Young Water Professional of the Year Award Sponsor: Xylem