Coliban Water and Phu Tho Water Supply Joint Stock Company:
The Water Utility Improvement Program supports the Government of Australia’s New Aid Policy (New Aid Paradigm), which references knowledge sharing and water as a priority. The program takes forward key water reform objectives of the Vietnamese Government in its efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goal aimed at universal access to safe and clean water by offering Australian expertise in delivering safe and reliable potable water, wastewater and drainage services to water professionals in Vietnam.
The program, which commenced in March 2017 has run for a period of 24 months with each twin identifying areas to share knowledge on over this time.
Outcomes from the Water Utility Improvement Program
The activity has had the following highlights and successes
- Improved capacity of the five Vietnam water
utilities to delivery improved water services for over 10,681,765 customers of
Ho Chi Minh City, Son La, Hue, Binh Duong and Phu Tho.
- Productive, open, trusting and longstanding working
relationships established between the participating WUIP practitioners and between
the six Australian and five Vietnam water utilities including:
- 95 Vietnamese
utility staff working closely with 121 Australian utility staff.
- 25 two-way
missions undertaken between participating utilities including workshops,
one-on-one training seminars, sharing of tools and procedures, short
courses and site tours.
knowledge sharing between utilities and between AWA and VWSA.
capacity of 779 water utility staff.
- Improvements achieved in:
of water supply and wastewater.
quality delivered to customers.
innovations and service efficiencies.
and community engagement.
Resources development and governance.
- Development of staff from Australian water
utilities through gaining international experience and appreciation for
Vietnamese culture and water sector and different operating conditions, leading
to an increase in job satisfaction.
- Transfer and use of tools and knowledge from
Australia to Vietnam including:
Quality QCP/CCP tools.
assessment and skeleton HACCP plans.
to upgrade and automate (implementation of SCADA-based system) Water Treatment
of water quality analytical equipment from Australian utilities and training on
- Ozwater'18 WUIP Workshop Master Slide
- Vietwater'17 twinning program presentations
- Vietwater'18 WUIP presentation slides
- Water Utility Improvement Program strengthens knowledge of Vietnam water professionals
- Association facilitates capacity building within rural water utility of Vietnam
- Association kicks off international twinning program
- Australia Vietnam water utility program - a multi-disciplinary capacity development partnership
- Wannon Water makes first visit as part of Twinning Program
- Twinning Program in full flight
- Cairns Regional Council: Water expertise shared through twinning program
- Cairns Regional Council: Expertise shared across global waters
- Vietnam Water Supply Association: Vietnam's special programs at Ozwater'17
- Australia-Vietnam twinning program kicks off
- Vietnam-Australia twinning photo gallery
- BIWASE and Wannon Water strengthen the signed twinning program
- Training program between Sawaco and Seqwater
- Twinning program strengthens knowledge of Vietnamese water professionals
- Australian water sector supports improvements in Vietnamese water utility performance
- Vietnamese Water Utility Improvements Continue
- HueWACO welcome the delegation of Water Corporation of Western Australia
- The Australian Ambassador paid a visit to Phu Tho Water Supply Company