• Great opportunity to express your creativity, immediate start
• Really passionate team who strives to have a positive impact on water sustainability, St Leonards based.
The Australian Water Association is Australia’s biggest water network promoting sustainable water management and connecting our members through three core principles: information, networking and recognition. Our membership base is varied and we operate nationally with an active branch network across Australia.
We are seeking a creative Graphic Designer who will report to our National Manager Events & Marketing and take care of all things graphic! This role also works closely with our Events team, Marketing team, State Managers and Membership team.
Your creative talent will enable you to develop and deliver cutting-edge content as you work on innovative graphic design projects including online campaigns, branding, and designing marketing materials within the Associations brand guidelines. Specifically, this includes:
• Design, layout and format marketing & communication materials across the Association.
• Brainstorm new creative concepts and designs.
• Design and execute a look and feel across all digital & print material that accurately reflects brand positioning.
• Design and produce printed collateral, e.g. event programs, sponsorship prospectus, direct mail, advertising, internal collateral, presentations and other print material.
• Design across all digital assets, e.g. website, digital, advertising, electronic newsletters, banners, social media and other digital media.
• Creatively design technical papers for Water e-Journal;
• Develop and maintain print and digital design style guides and ensure they are used consistently.
• Coordinate printing of marketing collateral, including sourcing print quotes, delivery of artwork to printer etc.
• Maintain an advanced knowledge graphic design software and trends within design.
• You must be PASSIONATE about graphic design, design trends and modern graphic style.
• Conceptual thinking and creative design skills.
• At least 3 – 5 years’ design experience ideally within a corporate/commercial environment.
• Relevant tertiary design qualifications (TAFE/College/University based).
• Extensive experience in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Confident, engaging and compelling communications skills.
• Excellent time management skills & self-organised and adaptable.
• Remain calm under pressure, can prioritise and work on multiple and diverse projects.
• Meticulous and have a great eye for detail.
• LOVES contributing and being part of a team.
Our Events & Marketing team has chosen to align their career with the Australian Water Association because we are really passionate about what we do. We are professional, hardworking, & down to earth, and really encourage the spirit of team collaboration.
How to Apply
Please provide a covering letter that specifically addresses the selection criteria together with your CV to email@example.com by no later than Monday, 2 July 2018.
Australian Water Association Values
What is our Culture? How do we do things at the Australian Water Association?
Australian Water Association members, employees and stakeholders share a set of values to help guide behaviours in terms of how we treat each other as well as those in the broader community. These values are part of our culture.
In everything the Association does, we will:
- Respect and respond to the needs of our members and stakeholders, striving to continually improve the quality of our services.
- Be open and accessible, fair and equitable, acting with honesty and integrity, building trust and confidence.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the contributions of our members, volunteers and employees.
- Encourage a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and inclusiveness to build enduring relationships and unity.
- Be creative, innovative, agile and change oriented.
- Do what is best for our members and community for a sustainable water future.
Exciting career opportunities...
Australia is leading the world in adapting to a rapidly drying climate, therefore our water industry is experiencing a period of change and expansion. The industry is growing and it is anticipated that there will be approximately $30 billion invested in infrastructure over the next ten years.
There is a unique advantage for Australia's current and future water workers:
- There will be demand for 40,000 new water workers by 2018 according to research reports AND
- The reputation of Australia's water workers has led to increasing international demand for their expertise
Careers in water can also offer the following benefits:
- Career stability
- Good working conditions
- Challenging and satisfying work
- A whole world of opportunity
For more information about careers or to search for job opportunities in the water sector, visit our jobs site.