First delivered in 2009, the Victorian Water Awards promote outstanding work by individuals and organisations in the water industry and recognise innovation and excellence in the technology, business and delivery of water projects.
Along with the prestige of being recognised as ‘the best in Victoria’ winners of a number of the Victorian Water Awards* will automatically be entered into the equivalent Australian Water Awards category, which are presented at Ozwater each year.
The awards program is one of the favourite projects for the Australian Water Association Victorian Branch. The Victorian Branch is committed to acknowledging and promoting the outstanding work achieved by individuals and organisations in the water sector in Victoria. It is our opportunity to provide exposure to some of these wonderful achievements.
We are delighted to have the support of TRILITY.
We also thank VicWater, the peak industry association for water corporations in Victoria, for their ongoing commitment to excellence by support for these Awards.
2017 VIC Water Award finalists announced!
We’re excited to announce the finalists for this year’s Victorian Water Awards. Be there when the winners are announced at the VIC Awards Luncheon on Thursday, 7 December.
Research Innovation Award
• The Invisible Water Utility: Employee Behaviour and Customer Experience in Service-Dominant Logic - La Trobe University
• Revolutionising aquatic biodiversity monitoring with eDNA - Melbourne Water
• Emerging contaminants: innovative technology for treatment and removal - Arup
Program Innovation Award
• Greening Ballarat Schools with Recycled Water - Central Highlands Water & Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
• Ballarat City Integrated Water Management Plan - Central Highlands Water & Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
• Protecting and enhancing Plains Grassy Woodland at the Dunkeld Water Reclamation Plant - Wannon Water
• Waterways Asset Management Investment Framework and Program - Melbourne Water
Infrastructure Project Innovation Award
• Warrnambool Roof Water Harvesting Project - Wannon Water
• Greening the Pipeline Pilot Park, Williams Landing - Melbourne Water
• Aurora Waste to Energy Facility - Yarra Valley Water & Aquatec Maxcon
• Melbourne Water Hydro Power Generation - Melbourne Water
Student Water Prize
• Saeed Asadi Bagloee, PhD Student, The University of Melbourne - Minimization of Water Pumps’ Electricity Usage via a Hybrid Artificial-intelligence and EPANET
• Amir Orangi, PhD Candidate, The University of Melbourne - Innovative Soil Water Content Estimation
• Samuel Skinner, PhD Candidate, The University of Melbourne - Quantifying Wastewater Dewaterability for Improved Water Recycling
Young Water Professional of the Year
• Casey Furlong, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, RMIT University
• Priyani Madan, Water Consultant , Arup
• Simon Roberts, Civil Engineer, E2Designlab
• Simia Huda, Project Manager, Melbourne Water,
• Robbie Frawley, Project Manager - Asset Creation, Wannon Water
Water Professional of the Year
• Andrew Chapman, Principal, Servicing Futures, South East Water
• Ciara Sterling, Head of Community Inclusion, Yarra Valley Water
2018 VIC Water Awards
You can nominate for the 2018 awards at any time throughout the year by clicking on the links below.
The VIC Branch Awards categories are:
Why enter the Awards:
- Recognition of your / your organisation’s achievements.
- Creation of PR / media promotion opportunities.
- Motivate your team and develop corporate pride.
- Distinguish yourself from your competitors.
- National benefits of a recognised endorsement from your industry.
Nominees need to be members of the Australian Water Association (with the exception of the Undergraduate Water Prize).
Past Award Winners
Click here to see a list of past winners.
For queries about the Victorian Water Awards please contact:
0488 344 114