Infrastructure Project Innovation Award
Recognises significant and innovative infrastructure projects and initiatives within the water industry.
- Initiative is innovative, unique or have other outstanding features which sets it apart from common practice among comparable programs
- Project has relevance to the Australian water industry
- Demonstrated or strongly anticipated environmental and/or water resource benefits as a result of the nominated initiative
- Demonstrated or strongly anticipated social benefits as a result of the nominated initiative
- Initiative incorporates sustainable design principles - social, economic, environmental
- Evidence that the initiative was carried out or came to fruition during the two years preceding the nomination date
When completing the online nomination form you will be asked to answer the following.
- Why was the project being undertaken? (250 words)
- Project aim
- Project objectives (please note if these objectives were achieved) (250 words)
- Project value ($)
- Number of people involved in the project
- Project Summary (500 words)
- What is the project’s relevance to the Australian water industry? (350 words)
- How is this project innovative? (350 words)
- Can this innovation be transferred more broadly? If yes, how? (350 words)
- What are the environmental and/or water resource benefits as a result of the project? (500 words)
- What are the social benefits as a result of the project? (500 words)
- How does this project incorporate sustainable design principles – social, economic, environmental? (500 words)
- Please upload:
- Lead-organisation bio
- Hi-resolution photos x 3
- Please provide a short summary of the project to be used at the awards presentation night, should the project be selected as a finalist. (50 words)
Note: Winners of the State Award who progress to the National Award will asked to prepare a three-minute video overview of their project for promotional purposes.
2019 Winner – Australian Infrastructure Project Innovation Award
Groundwater Replenishment Scheme
As the first water project of its kind in Australia, the Groundwater Replenishment Scheme has made a significant contribution to the country’s long-term security of water supplies, by creating a new climate-independent water source and increasing the capacity to safely and efficiently recycle water.