STUDENT WATER AWARDS
Recognising outstanding achievement
Our student water awards recognise individual and organisational achievement and innovation. Students enjoy free entry to the Student Water Prize for university or tertiary institute students and the Australian Stockholm Junior Water Prize for high school students.
Student Water Prize
Student Water Prizes are awarded at state or territory level. Winners are invited to present papers as part of the Ozwater conference program, where a national winner is chosen.
The awards recognise and reward students for excellence in water-related studies and research – and provide a platform for connecting with employers, clients and water peers.
Open to students and recent graduates of an Australian university or tertiary institute focused on water-related topics. Open to both members and non-members of AWA.
- Relevance of the project, research or thesis to water
- Quality of disciplinary content
- Innovation and originality
- Abstract and paper presentation (oral)
- QLD – 14 July 2023
- NT – 3 August 2023
- VIC – 17 August 2023
- WA – 24 August 2023
- SA – 1 September 2023
- TAS – 15 September 2023
- ACT – 16 November 2023
- NSW – 16 November 2023
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Student Award is open to students and recent graduates of an Australian university or tertiary institute focused on water-related topics. You do not need to be a member of AWA.
Australian Stockholm Junior Water Prize is open to high school students aged 15-20 who have conducted water-related projects and again you do not need to be a member of AWA.
- Be recognised for water excellence and innovation
- Showcase your solutions for current and future water challenges
- Raise your profile as you embark on your water career
- Inspire peers to make positive change in how we work with water
- Connect with like-minded students nationally and internationally