VIC Gala Night & Awards
The Victorian water sector gathered in numbers to spotlight its highest achievers at the AWA VIC Gala Dinner and Awards Night on Thursday, 3 November. Hosted at Melbourne Town Hall on the traditional lands of the Eastern Kulin nation, the evening celebrated the fantastic work and innovations achieved across the Victorian water industry. Likewise, the evening paid tribute to the service of the plethora of water professionals who could not attend, given their role in Victoria's flooding disaster recovery.
Victoria's Water Award recipients will compete against each State and Territory's winners at the National Water Awards. National Water Award recipients will be announced during Ozwater'23 in Sydney.
Both the Victorian Branch President, Shay Xie and Young Water Professionals Chair, Christopher Lee, recognised the service of volunteers from the Branch and Young Water Professionals Committees to support the AWA. Shay also commended the contribution of Amanda Hazell as Immediate Past President, alongside the volunteers who contributed towards judging award nominations.
The AWA would like to thank our sponsors for their generous support, which made the event possible:
- Principal Sponsor: GHD
- Major Sponsor: Programmed
- Principal Partners for VIC Water Awards: Greater Western Water, Melbourne Water, South East Water and Yarra Valley Water
- National R&D Excellence Award Sponsor: Water Research Australia
- National Young Water Professional of the Year Award Sponsor: Xylem
- Student Water Prize: Eurofins
- Water Professional of the Year Award Sponsor: KSB
- Organisational Excellence Award Sponsor: Fulton Hogan
If you or your organisation were not a part of the awards this year, we hope you will submit a nomination and attend next year to celebrate our sector's progress in securing a sustainable water future.