The Australian Water Association WA Awards have been designed to acknowledge the exceptional achievements by individuals and organisations in the WA water industry. The Awards recognise innovation and excellence in delivery of water projects and programs. The awards have become the vehicle that showcases the outstanding work that is being carried out across the state, including a number of entries from Regional WA. The Awards were established in 1996 to recognise and celebrate outstanding contributions related to water in Western Australia.
Our charity partner, WaterAid will once again be fundraising with their WaterAid Wine Wall lucky dip and Annual Raffle. The WaterAid WA Committee is hard at work sourcing wine donations and corporate sponsorship for Wateraid activities - if you have anything in your cellar that you would like to donate or to discuss WaterAid sponsorship opportunities please contact Lisa Chan or Renee Blandin - firstname.lastname@example.org.
In a virtual world, we are pleased to have Will Sarni, Founder and CEO of Water Foundary, LLC join us as our keynote speaker. Will is an international thought leader on water strategy and innovation. He was ranked as a key player pressuring businesses to care about water and one of the Top 15 interviewees in Smart Water Magazine 2019. He is a strategic advisor to global corporations and technology companies and has written numerous books and articles on water strategy and innovation.
We are pleased to announced our 2020 Finalists are:
Infrastructure Project Innovation (Metro & Regional) Awards
- Ngoora Moolinap Water Treatment Plant (Glen Iris) – Aqwest - Bunbury Water, Leicon Notley, GHD, Jacobs & Hunter H2O
- Busselton Water Filtration Plant No. 1 - Busselton Water & GHD
- Beenyup Advanced Water Recycling Plant Stage 2 - SUEZ & Water Corporation
R&D Excellence Award
- Naegleria Fowleri in Drinking Water Distribution Systems - CSIRO & Water Corporation
- EvaRain Gutter System - Heritage Tanks Australia
Innovating for Sustainable Water and Environmental Outcomes Award (sponsored by Department of Water and Environmental Regulation and Water Corporation)
- Establishing Leaching Environmental Impact Assessment Framework Tools in the Development of a WA Framework for By-product Re-use and Classification - ChemCentre
- SWAN Systems: Smart Water Management Software - SWAN Systems
- The Australian Fine China Project - A Decentralised Model for High Density Infill Developments - Syrinx Environmental
Student Water Prize (sponsored by GHD)
- Simeon Kendall, Edith Cowan University - Vetiver Wetland System for Wastewater Treatment and Disposal
- Raveena Raju - The University of Western Australia - An Investigation into the Optimisation and Evaluation of Smart Ponds for Sludge Management
- Ramon Skane & Hamid Asaie, Murdoch University - Innovating the Transition of Newman into a Water Sensitive Town
Young Water Professional of the Year Award (sponsored by Xylem)
- Kevin Massez, Project Manager - Water Corporation
- Justin Tan, Environmental Engineer (Water) - Jacobs
Water Professional of the Year Award
- Carl Davies, Principal Hydrogeologist - RPS
- Chris Elliott, Managing Director - Busselton Water
- Dr Fabiana Tessele, Director - Tessele Consultants
Friday 23 October 2020
Elizabeth Quay Ballroom
1 Barrack Street, PERTH
6.00pm to 11.00 pm WST
6.00pm Networking opportunity with refreshments and canapes
6.40pm Dinner commencement with AWA Welcome
MC - Rachel Evans, WA Branch Immediate Past President
Welcome to Country - Olman Walley
Traditional Dance - Boorloo Aboriginal Cultural Experiences
WaterAid Address - Lisa Chan, WA President
Keynote presentation - Will Sarni, Water Foundary LLC
8.15pm Awards' Presentations and Program Partner Addresses
Ministerial Address - The Hon Dave Kelly, BA MLA
Minister for Water; Forestry; Innovation and ICT; Science; Youth
9.10pm Networking whilst listening to the acoustic sounds of Minky G and Alex Borthwick
11.00pm Evening concludes
After 5 Wear
Pricing (inc GST) and Registration:
Note: Price includes canapes, beverage package throughout evening and 3 course plated dinner
Members/Employee of Corporate member/Accompanying Partner - $215
Students/Retired Members (proof of eligibility may be required) - $195
Member Table of 10 - $2,150
Non Members – individual/accompanying partners - $300
Non Member Table of 10 - $3,000
REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED.
Wanting accommodation at The Ritz-Carlton for the night of the dinner? The hotel is delighted to offer 10% off their best available rates. Just call the hotel directly to book (in-house reservations, not central) on (08) 6559 6899 and quote the event name AWA - Water Awards Dinner and date Friday, 23 October. Alternatively there are a number of accommodation providers within close proximity.
Change of Date Policy:
In the case that this event would need to be rescheduled due to Covid-19 restrictions changing, your ticket(s) will be valid for a new date or refunded if a new date is not able to be secured.
Covid Safe Events:
The Australian Water Association has closely followed Government recommendations to develop COVIDSafe Guidelines for AWA events going forward. These guidelines will be in place at this event and have been developed to ensure attendee health and safety. Your support is also essential to keep this event COVIDSafe. We ask that delegates observe good hygiene and physical distancing at the event. If you are feeling unwell, please do not attend the event. Please notify the WA Branch Manager at least 24 hours prior to the event, in writing, that you are unable to attend due to illness and you will receive a full refund (no refund for no shows). In addition, please make sure that the direct contact details for the attendee are entered at the time of registration.
To view The Ritz-Carlton's CovidSafe Protocols and Practices visit their website here.
Thank you to our program partners:
Platinum Partners - Sacyr Water Australia & West Force Construction
Young Water Professional of the Year Partner
Student Water Prize Partner
If you have any queries or require assistance with registration please contact WA Branch Manager, Kyllie Whitehead, on 0448 146222 or email email@example.com.