Digital Engineering and Building Information Modelling
Speaker: Toby Maple
The water industry is changing. Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Digital Engineering (DE) are being used to not only design and construct water assets but also to manage asset information. This is a step change for industry. Historic ways of working - such as drawing-based processes - are becoming slow, cumbersome and outdated.
Digital Twins (BIM) and Virtual Reality along with Internet of Things (IoT) are the new normal. These foundational elements will assist with the ongoing digital transformation of our industry.
Gartner rate these in the Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2018.
Please come along to learn how the adoption of these technologies and processes is occurring within the Australian water sector.
- Local, national and international developments in Digital Engineering and Building Information Modelling.
- Experiences of local water utilities when implementing BIM/DE
- Implementation approaches of BIM/DE within a consultancy – where do you start?
- How to harness these trends in your own business and work life
Presentation and Networking/Canapes
HOW TO REGISTER
- Click the log in button on the top right hand corner or create account
- Once logged in, click the "Register Myself" button
- Select the correct registration type
- Proceed to the checkout for payment
If you have any questions please contact Sharon James, SJames@awa.asn.au