The QLD Gala Dinner and Awards Night brings together water industry leaders and professionals to recognise and celebrate the achievements of QLD award finalists, winners and discuss what the future holds.
This year we are excited as the dinner will be held on the Sunshine Coast in conjunction with the 2020 Queensland Conference. Full Conference Delegates receive one dinner ticket included in their registration and other delegate types can purchase a discounted dinner ticket with their registration. If you've already registered for the Conference (or plan on registering for the Conference) don't also register for the dinner.
For those unable to attend the Gala Dinner in-person, check out our live-stream option below.
We're pleased to announce the 2020 Queensland Water Award Finalists:
R&D Excellence Award
- Acid Mine Drainage Water Treatment Pilot Trials – Osmoflo
- Seqwater Catchment Investment Decision Support System – Seqwater
- Urban Utilities Algae Research Project / Program - Urban Utilities, The University of Queensland, Power and Water Corporation, Aquatec Maxcon and The University of Western Australia
- Zero-Energy Sewage Treatment, Harnessing the Power of Biogas - The University of Queensland, Urban Utilities, City of Gold Coast, SA Water, Water Corporation and University of Technology Sydney
Organisational Excellence Award
- Enhanced Condition Assessment Program (ECAP) – Jacobs, SMEC and Urban Utilities
- Regional Water Industry Worker Pilot Program – Mackay Regional Council, Whitsunday Regional Council, Townsville City Council, Cairns Regional Council and Burdekin Shire Council
- Water Smart Package – Townsville City Council
Infrastructure Project Innovation Award (REGIONAL)
- Greening and Growing Bowen - Whitsunday Regional Council
- Port Stewart Water Supply – Arup
- Sunwater Regional Blueprint: Collaborative and Adaptive Planning for Long-Term Water Supply Under an Uncertain Future – Sunwater and Aither
Infrastructure Project Innovation Award (METRO)
- Cedar Grove Environmental Centre – Logan City Council, Downer, WSP and Cardno
- Turn to the Sky, Scenic Rim, Queensland – SOURCE Global PBC
- Urban Utilities Luggage Point STP FST Distribution Channels Settlement Mitigation Project – Urban Utilitiesand Fulton Hogan Utilities
- Virtual Assist – Urban Utilities
Student Water Prize (sponsored by Calibre)
- An Innovative Way of Treating Wastewater and Sludge Employing a Novel Ammonia-Oxidizing Bacteria (AOB) Genus Ca. Nitrosoglobus - Zhiyao Wang, The University of Queensland
- Enhancing Nitrogen Removal by Using Self-catering Biogas Generated in Wastewater Treatment Plants - Tao Liu, The University of Queensland
- Non-Antibiotic Pharmaceuticals Enhance Dissemination of Antibiotic Resistance in Water Environment - Yue Wang, The University of Queensland
- Tailored Polymer Hydrogels for Mainstream Ammonium Recovery in Domestic Wastewater - Heidy Cruz, The University of Queensland
Young Water Professional of the Year (sponsored by Xylem)
- Lachlan Guthrie, Research Fellow, International WaterCentre
- Sandrika Ryan, Project Manager, Unitywater
- Ben Steel - Customer Experience and Business Performance Program Leader, Logan City Council
Water Professional of the Year
- To be announced on the night
Date: Wednesday, 18 November 2020
Time: 6.30pm - 10.00pm
Venue: Novotel Sunshine Coast (Sunshine Coast Convention Centre)
Dress code: After 5
We are excited that this event will be taking place face-to-face. The Association has closely followed Government recommendations to develop COVIDSafe Guidelines for AWA events going forward. These guidelines will be in place at all face-to-face events and have been developed to ensure attendee and staff health and safety. As a result the event will have a maximum capacity of 180 people in-person. We do encourage you to book early to avoid disapointment.
Your support is also essential to keep this event COVIDSafe. We ask that delegates observe good hygiene and physical distancing at the event. If you are feeling unwell, please do not attend the event. Please notify the event contact in writing that you are unable to attend and you will receive a full refund. In addition, please make sure that the direct contact details for the attendee are entered at the time of registration.
Tickets (In person)
Member Individual Ticket: $180
Non-member Individual Ticket: $250
At this point in time, tickets are sold out to attend the dinner only, however you can still purchase a Conference Full Registration which includes a ticket to the Dinner.
Alternatively, if restrictions are further eased and we can increase capacity in the venue, so we invite you to join the waitlist.
Live Stream Option
1. The Gala Dinner is being held in conjunction with the Queensland Conference (18 & 19 Nov). Full Conference Delegates receive one dinner ticket included in their registration and other delegate types can purchase a discounted dinner ticket with their registration. If you've already registered for the Conference (or plan on registering for the Conference) don't also register for the dinner.
2. Due to a limited number of dinner tickets available, there will not be an opportunity to purchase a "Corporate Table", all tickets must be purchased as individual tickets. To purchase multiple individual tickets, select the "or add multiple" option displayed under a ticket type, and input the quantity required.
3. Seating at the dinner will be allocated with six individuals to a table. Seating preferences can be sent to Katie Trevor
For those unable to attend the Gala Dinner in-person, this option provides you with access to the live-stream. We encourage you to host your own dinner in your boardroom or at a private dining venue and watch the awards together via the live-stream. One registration required per "hub". Purchase an Online Hub ticket below:
Online Hub Tickets
No event is possible without sponsors, the Australian Water Association would like to thank our generous sponsors for the continued support.
If you would like to discuss sponsorship options for the dinner or any Queensland event please contact Elana Huthnance - Membership & Sponsorship Manager on 02 9467 8417
Thank you to our 2020 Queensland Gala Dinner & Award Sponsors
Young Water Professional of the Year Award Sponsor
Student Water Prize Sponsor