Call for Papers are now open for the 2021 Biosolids National Conference.
Thursday 4th – Friday 5th March 2021
Premium Online Conference
Community | Progressing the value of biosolids within the water industry, with regulators and the community
The Australian Water Association and the Australian & New Zealand Biosolids Partnership Biosolids National Conference will be delivered as a digital event in March 2021. Regional hubs are also being investigated to allow a face-to-face component subject to COVID restrictions at the time.
This biannual conference will examine key developments in the industry with a focus on the relationships between the industry and the broader community and the opportunity for greater collaboration and the establishments of a two-way conversation in order to build a sustainable relationship.
We are looking for extended abstracts and case studies from across industry and academia. This is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your work to industry leaders, technical specialists, regulators, decision makers and the broader community from Australia, New Zealand and beyond.
- Community Engagement and Education – case studies of successful community engagement programs; opportunities for further education; education gaps; communication strategies; role of social media
- Biosolids Product Development – new or alternative products; managing product quality for consistency; managing contaminants: frameworks and adaptive planning approaches: the role of guidelines and regulation in the Australian context: moving towards a risk-based approach to modern contaminants
- Product Management Logistics – storage: transportation: odour management: updating Biosolids application guidelines in line with technology advancement
- Circular Economy – designing out pollution and keeping resources in circulation; identifying community benefits
- Technology Innovation – technical advancements; research; efficiency gains; new approaches aligned with circular economy and product development
- Culture and Society - social and cultural considerations in Biosolids management past and present
- Wild Card – for any other great content and learnings that might not fit into the above themes.
The Call for Abstracts will close at 8pm AEST, Friday 25 September 2020.
Call for Reviewers is now open. If you would like to be considered for the Reviewer Committee for Biosolids 2021, please click on the button below.
Call for Reviewers
Submit your Abstract
Case Study Template
Call for Abstracts Flyer
For more information please contact:
Dyasmin Sandhu, Events Manager - Dsandhu@awa.asn.au