2019 Federal Election Countdown
The Australian Water Association has written to the Coalition, the Australian Labor Party, and the Greens, to request their responses and policies on the subjects raised in the ten matters below:
- Any new initiatives to support sustainable water management;
- The co-ordination of water policy including any new mechanisms, governance arrangements, or programs to deliver national consistency on water policy;
- Your response to the AWA’s call for a new independent National Water Authority to oversee and manage a national water plan;
- Your policies on the Murray Darling Basin Plan and the Murray Darling Basin Authority;
- Urban water reform policy priorities and your response to the Productivity Commission’s Report on Water Reform;
- Water recycling for potable and non-potable uses;
- The further development and regulation of water trading;
- Funding support for increased R & D in the water sector;
- The improvement of drinking water quality and access to water in rural and remote areas.
- Your Party’s support for embedding the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Australia and its response to the Senate Foreign Affairs, Defence, and Trade References Committee Inquiry into the SDGs.
Here’s what they had to say.
Australian Labor Party
Click here to read how the ALP responded.