The problems facing the water industry are complex and inter-related:
- population growth and changing customer expectations
- ageing infrastructure coupled with a desire to get more service from the existing assets, and
- changing water consumption behaviours and
- climate variability
The water industry is innovating to achieve benefits for all stakeholders by using technology to gather and act on information in an automated fashion to improve the reliability, sustainability and efficiency of that network – in other words, to become smart water networks.
Download the flyer
Who should attend?
Ideal for water practitioners involved in intelligent water networks, planning and implementation from local government, water retailers, consultants and developer sectors and anybody with an interest in digital disruption.
- Dan Stevens, Business Director – Water, BECA on the trends observed in Australia and overseas with operational modelling
- David Bergmann and Ninad Dharmadhikari - Research and Development, South East Water on the Aquarevo project where big picture thinking will allow benefits will be realised across a number of different networks
- Morris Taylor, Intelligent Water Network Director, DELWP provide an update on the Intelligent Water Network program.
- Henry Okraglik, Global Director of WSP Digital on agile approaches to implementing new technologies premised on a ‘fail fast’ approach and iterative cycles of development and implementation
5:45 Arrival, registration
7:30 Close, refreshments