Date and Time:
Thursday 18 October, 2018
12 - 2pm
School of Architecture and Design,
University of Tasmania, Inveresk Campus.
Inveresk Railyard, 2 Invermay Rd,
AWA members and employees of corporate members: Free
Wastewater and bio-solids are increasingly recognised as valuable resources, rather than waste products that require safe disposal. At this event, scientists from the Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture (TIA) and TasWater will share insights on biosolids and wastewater utilisation in a national and international context and discuss opportunities for Tasmania. The events will include presentations, followed by a panel discussion.
How to register:
- Darren Green, environmental scientist at TasWater, will talk about current use of recycled water in a state and national context, and discuss opportunities for increasing recycled water use in Tasmania.
- Bill Wood, senior environmental scientist from TasWater will talk generally about TasWater’s biosolids program, then more specifically about the work of the Australian and New Zealand Biosolids Partnership (ANZBP, which is a specialist board within AWA) and where sludge processing and biosolids utilisation is going in the wastewater industry in Australia and the rest of the world.
- Geoff Dean, Research Fellow from TIA will present information from a recent field trial showing the value of slotting manure at depth in the soil profile (subsoil manuring) and the potentially large benefits for crop yields and soil structure.
1. To register for an event, you must be logged into our website. Click the log in button on the top right hand corner or create account (you don't have to be a member to create an account).
2. Once logged in, click the 'Register myself' button. You will need to select the correct ticket options. If you are an employee of a corporate member, please click on that registration type and enter your organisation. Otherwise, please use the general registration option and the price will be reflected based on your membership status
3. Proceed to the checkout for payment and tax invoice.
If you have any registration queries, please contact Natasha Stapleton on 0438 246 400 or email email@example.com.