The AWA Tasmania Mentoring Program is a fantastic opportunity for:
- Mentees to develop skills and competencies to assist them in their professional career with the coaching of an industry mentor
- Mentors to hone their coaching and leadership skills, whilst assisting their mentee to develop professionally and personally through the partnership
- Businesses to assist in growing the skills base of the sector, foster stronger relationships and networks between organisations and offer affordable professional development opportunities to employees
- December: Call for EOIs to participate in the program as either a mentor or mentee
- February: Applications close
- March: Launch of the mentoring program, following the review of mentee and mentor applications
- August/Sept: Mid-year review of mentoring program
- Dec/Jan: Program wrap up and review
Applications for the AWA TAS Mentoring Program 2022 will open in December 2021 - Launch date & venue TBC
Program cost includes a FREE registration to the launch event.
AWA Individual Member Mentees - $45
AWA Non-Member Mentees - $325 including one year individual membership to the AWA
Member or Non-Member Mentors - FREE
To thank mentors for their support of the program there is no cost to attend the launch event nor to take part in the program as a mentor.
Only individual AWA members (professional or student) who are financial at the time of their application are eligible to take part in the AWA TAS Mentoring Program as a MENTEE.
If you are an employee of a corporate member you must be listed as an individual member on their membership. Water Supporter members are not eligible.
The Benefits of Mentoring
Mentoring has been identified as an important professional development tool. The AWA mentoring program is a great opportunity for people in the water industry to gain advice and develop new relationships and skills from industry leaders outside their current network. On the flip side, this program offers senior professionals the chance to further develop their coaching skills and inspire young water professionals to advance their career within the water industry.
How does the AWA mentoring program work?
The Association pairs mentors and mentees from the information provided in application forms. The more detail provided in applications, the more accurate the match!
Mentors & mentees will be introduced at the launch event and contact information shared prior to or on the day. During the launch event, each mentoring pair will agree on how often and where to meet and we will provide information to help spark discussion points. The program runs for one year but your relationship doesn’t have to end there, some mentoring partnerships last a lifetime! Attendance at the launch event is highly recommended to take part in the mentoring program as experience has taught us that it sets the program up for a successful year.
No training is required for our mentors. You just need to be an experienced water professional willing to provide guidance and leadership to an assigned mentee. We will provide the introductory session, any materials you need and contact details of an experienced mentor should you need to seek advice and conduct surveys throughout the year to ensure you're all on track to meet your goals.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact your TAS Membership Engagement Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 0438 246 400.
We thank our sponsor, pitt&sherry for their continued support of the AWA TAS Mentoring Program.