The SDGs in Our Own Backyard
In 2015, the United Nations launched the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) – also known as Global Goals – to change the world for the better and leave no one behind by 2030. But how do these goals work in the water industry and how will they affect us? QWater’19 will assist with understanding the goals and targets set for 2030 in relation to our own industry. It will tackle how SDG’s are already implemented in many water entities and how business practices are innovating using SDG’s, in our own backyard.
The Sustainable Development Goals present a unique opportunity for the water industry in Queensland to align on achieving a better tomorrow. Never before have we had a formal platform that so clearly outlines goals and targets to achieve social change. Sharing our stories through this conference is one way we can take action.
Please join us on Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 November at the Brisbane Sofitel Central for this innovative conference. The program will showcase presentations from the full range of perspectives within our industry, engineering and operations to legal, accounting and human resources as well as from organisations such as suppliers, consultants, contractors and water utilities.
Now is the time for us to get informed, share our stories, and make a change the good. 2030 is just around the corner.
New to this year's QWater conference:
- Three streams running over the two days featuring over 45 presentations
- A dedicated Safety Innovation in Utilities program - a great PD opportunity for anyone working in Health & Safety, HR, OH&S or generally managing people on a day-to-day basis
- Four non-plenary sessions tackling the key issues of diversity and inclusion, water in other industries, industry relationships and safe drinking water
- The biggest Exhibition QWater has ever seen.
Download the program
View the speaker abstracts
View the Safety Innovation in Utilities Program
Details on the Non-plenary Sessions
Conference & Exhibition
Date: Wednesday 20 - Thursday 21 November 2019
Venue: Sofitel Brisbane Central
Date: Wednesday 20 November 2019
Time: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Venue: Sofitel Brisbane Central
Registration now open
|Earlybird Full Conference Registration (includes dinner ticket 20/11)
|Standard Full Conference Registration (includes dinner ticket 20/11)
|One-day Conference Registration
|Safety Innovation in Utilities Program Registration
|Speaker - Earlybird Full Conference Registration (includes dinner ticket 20/11)
|Speaker - Standard Full Conference Registration (includes dinner ticket 20/11)
|Student - Full Conference Registration
|Student - One-day Conference Registration
|Live stream - Havelock North Panel Discussion on Thurs 21 Nov
1. Earlybird closed midnight Friday, 4 October 2019
2. A one-day conference registrations does not include a dinner ticket. Should you wish to attend the dinner, you must purchase a dinner ticket ($125) in addition to your registration.
3. If you are an employee of a corporate member of the Association you are entitled to the member rate, please contact the Association to receive the discounted rate if it is not showing below.
4. Refunds will not be provided, however we do accept substitute delegates if you are no longer able to attend.
Discount Accommodation Rates
* Check out our special Non-member rate which includes 12 months professional membership of AWA (valid for new members only)
A discount rate of $200/night (Superior King Room) at Brisbane Sofitel Central have been organised for conference attendees. To book this rate please click here.
Conference enquiries: Katie Trevor, Senior Event Manager
P: 02 9467 8419 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibition enquiries: Steve Comey, Senior Exhibition Manager
P: 0414 919 424 / E: email@example.com
Sponsorship enquiries: Elana Huthnance, Membership & Sponsorship Manager
P: 02 9467 8417 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our sponsors