ACT Debate on the Lake is an opportunity to, not only enjoy an enlightening yet fun filled debate, it also involves the presentation of the ACT Water Awards, a fundamental element in the ACT Branch calendar.
The ACT Water Awards allows those who have made positive and impacting change in the ACT community to be recognized for their hard work. Winners from various organisations as well as water individuals will be announced as the MV Southern Cross yacht sails around beautiful Lake Burley Griffin. It will be a chance to congratulate co-workers and water industry representatives alike on their monumental achievements at working towards a sustainable water future in the nations capital and surrounding region.
Announcing the ACT Debate on the Lake topic for 2016: CARP-A-GEDDON
One side will be arguing the virtues of eradicating this invasive curse on our Murray-Darling system, and the other will be defending its right to co-exist with its more esteemed native counterparts.
Our debators for the evening include:
- Shane Rattenbury - ACT Greens MLA, Minister for Climate Change & Sustainability
- Adrian Piani - Aecom
- Carmel Pollino - CSIRO
- Mathew Trinca- National Museum of Australia
- Tony McLeod- Murray-Darling Basin Authority
- Daniel Spackman- Jacobs
Table Sponsorship Package $1100 (includes GST) includes:
- Recognition as an official ACT Debate on the Lake sponsor
- Sponsor Logo on the Australian Water Association website
- Acknowledgement as a sponsor during the event
To become a table sponsor, register under Table Sponsorship Package and Rebecca Hage (State Manager ACT) will be in contact.
Be a part of the fun!
Table sponsors include: