Program Innovation Award
Recognises significant and innovative environmental or sustainability programs within the water industry.
• Initiative is innovative, unique or have other outstanding features which sets it apart from common practice among comparable programs
• Project has relevance to the Australian water industry
• Demonstrated or strongly anticipated environmental and/or water resource benefits as a result of the nominated initiative
• Demonstrated or strongly anticipated social benefits as a result of the nominated initiative
• Initiative incorporates sustainable design principles - social, economic, environmental
• Demonstrated tangible benefits which have been achieved and realised
When completing the online nomination form you will be asked to answer the following.
- Business annual turnover ($)
- Why was the program being undertaken? (250 words)
- Program aim
- Program objectives (please note if these objectives were achieved) (250 words)
- Program summary (350 words)
- What is the program's relevance to the Australian water industry? (500 words)
- How is this program innovative? (500 words)
- Can this innovation be transferred more broadly? If yes, how? (350 words)
- What are the environmental and/or water resource benefits as a result of the program? (500 words)
- What are the social benefits as a result of the program? (500 words)
- How does this program incorporate sustainable design principles – social, economic, environmental? (500 words)
- Please upload:
- Lead-organisation bio
- Hi-resolution photos x 3
- Please provide a short summary of the program to be used at the awards presentation night, should the program be selected as a finalist. (50 words)
Note: Winners of the State Award who progress to the National Award will asked to prepare a three-minute video overview of their project for promotional purposes.
2019 Winner – Australian Program Innovation Award
Enhancing Our Dandenong Creek
Melbourne Water’s commitment to working with the community and other agencies to achieve exemplary outcomes is clear in the Enhancing Our Dandenong Creek program. The project has seen measurable on-ground benefits, through the reintroduction of two nationally threatened fish species, and world-leading waterway renewal works.