• Enjoy flexibility with this P/T opportunity (19 hours pw)
• Work with a team who strives to have a positive impact on achieving a sustainable water future
The Australian Water Association is the national peak water organisation, delivering information, expertise and collaboration for sustainable water management. Our membership base is varied and we operate nationally with an active branch network across Australia. We are seeking an experienced and results orientated Management Accountant on a p/t basis (19 hours pw) to provide high level financial support including management accounting and business analysis functions supporting the different departments across the Association. You will work very closely with, and report to the Financial Controller. St. Leonards based.
Working proactively with the Financial Controller, your main responsibilities include:
• Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the Association’s Annual Budget approved by the Board and the processes to complete the budget.
• Producing monthly management reports, ensuring that the business unit managers & Branch Managers provide the required accounting information in a timely manner in order to meet deadlines.
• Conducting financial analysis, and working with project managers to ensure close tracking of business performance, in order to assist in accurate forecasting.
• Assisting with the development and delivery of improved management reporting methodologies and innovations in business systems and processes.
• Assisting Financial Controller and project managers in monitoring income and expenses, meeting reporting requirements and tracking comparisons to KPIs and budget.
To be successful it is essential that you have:
• University degree qualification in Accounting or Business
• Passionate about Accounting is a must!
• Experience in Management Accounting functions and reporting
• Excellent verbal communication and problem-solving skills
• An ability to interpret information and articulate it to the Financial Controller and the leadership team
• Excellent data entry skills including great accuracy and experience in using a complex database;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel (intermediate or higher)
• Flexible by nature and an ability to adapt to a changing environment
This role provides interaction with the Senior Leadership Team and an enthusiastic team of colleagues.
How to apply:
Please provide your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and your resume to email@example.com no later than 8th February 2018.
Australian Water Association Values
What is our Culture? How do we do things at the Australian Water Association?
Australian Water Association members, employees and stakeholders share a set of values to help guide behaviours in terms of how we treat each other as well as those in the broader community. These values are part of our culture.
In everything the Association does, we will:
- Respect and respond to the needs of our members and stakeholders, striving to continually improve the quality of our services.
- Be open and accessible, fair and equitable, acting with honesty and integrity, building trust and confidence.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the contributions of our members, volunteers and employees.
- Encourage a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and inclusiveness to build enduring relationships and unity.
- Be creative, innovative, agile and change oriented.
- Do what is best for our members and community for a sustainable water future.
Exciting career opportunities...
Australia is leading the world in adapting to a rapidly drying climate, therefore our water industry is experiencing a period of change and expansion. The industry is growing and it is anticipated that there will be approximately $30 billion invested in infrastructure over the next ten years.
There is a unique advantage for Australia's current and future water workers:
- There will be demand for 40,000 new water workers by 2018 according to research reports AND
- The reputation of Australia's water workers has led to increasing international demand for their expertise
Careers in water can also offer the following benefits:
- Career stability
- Good working conditions
- Challenging and satisfying work
- A whole world of opportunity
For more information about careers or to search for job opportunities in the water sector, visit our jobs site.