CRM & CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST
- We’re passionate about working with our members to drive a sustainable water future
- Passionate, Collaborative & Inclusive work environment
- Permanent f/t, St. Leonards based, Hybrid work environment, immediate start.
The Australian Water Association is a national not-for-profit organisation and Australia’s biggest water network. We exist to inspire and drive a sustainable water future.
Join our innovative and dynamic organisation at this exciting time as we modernise, upskill and digitally transform into a truly member centric organisation.
We are currently searching for an experienced CRM & Customer Service Specialist to join our Strategy, Membership & Innovation team to champion and own our new CRM, which we’re very excited about!
Broadly, you will manage all data integrity, accuracy and workflows to ensure our CRM reflects our member lifecycle journey including acquisition, onboarding, renewals and retirements and enhances our member and staff experience. You will also manage and produce accurate dashboards and reporting so that member growth and retention targets can be tracked and insights provided to improve the efficacy of our member retention and attraction processes.
Collaborating with our different teams will help ensure member data is managed consistently and help colleagues deliver improved consistency, efficiency and accuracy in member lifecycle and journey to achieve retention and acquisition targets.
You will love providing excellent customer service to our current and aspiring members and be that first point of contact for them.
The CRM will be yours to own and this includes all processes, workflows and trigers ensuring exceptional member experience, through understanding member preferences so that communications and marketing can be done in a more targeted personalised way.
As the CRM champion you will provide training new staff and members as required.
Success in your role contributes greatly to the Associations member and date strategy.
What you’ll need to succeed
Proven data management, reporting and analytics experience; 5+ years expereince managing a CRM including process design and delivery. HubSpot or Sales Force experience preferred.
You’ll be a good communicator and natural influencer with problem-solving and analytical skills, adept at interpreting and leveraging data insights for business outcomes. You will have a good understanding of marketing analytics and its application, including CRM projects, and an understanding of data management to meet privacy and security requirements.
Strong computer literacy, with good knowledge of all major business packages is a given
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We embrace diversity & inclusion and celebrate difference in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and locations. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Please provide a covering letter specifically addressing the selection criteria together with your CV by no later than Friday 9th July to firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Water Association Values
What is our Culture? How do we do things at the Australian Water Association?
Australian Water Association members, employees and stakeholders share a set of values to help guide behaviours in terms of how we treat each other as well as those in the broader community. These values are part of our culture.
In everything the Association does, we will:
- Respect and respond to the needs of our members and stakeholders, striving to continually improve the quality of our services.
- Be open and accessible, fair and equitable, acting with honesty and integrity, building trust and confidence.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the contributions of our members, volunteers and employees.
- Encourage a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and inclusiveness to build enduring relationships and unity.
- Be creative, innovative, agile and change oriented.
- Do what is best for our members and community for a sustainable water future.
Exciting career opportunities...
Australia is leading the world in adapting to a rapidly drying climate, therefore our water industry is experiencing a period of change and expansion. The industry is growing and it is anticipated that there will be approximately $30 billion invested in infrastructure over the next ten years.
There is a unique advantage for Australia's current and future water workers:
- There will be demand for 40,000 new water workers by 2018 according to research reports AND
- The reputation of Australia's water workers has led to increasing international demand for their expertise
Careers in water can also offer the following benefits:
- Career stability
- Good working conditions
- Challenging and satisfying work
- A whole world of opportunity
For more information about careers or to search for job opportunities in the water sector, visit our jobs site.