The Association is committed to delivering information, networking and recognition on all water related policy and advocacy matters. The Association does this through three key areas across our digital platforms and events.
1. Advocacy for issues supported by the whole water sector
The Association advocates for issues that all our members support and which affect the wider community. Some of the issues include:
- The pursuit of sustainable water management
- The value of water to Australia’s economic prosperity
- The contribution of the water sector to the Australian economy
- The importance of monitoring and managing water security
- The importance of appropriate drinking water quality
- The advantages of keeping all possible sources of water under consideration
- The advantages of water recycling
- The implementation of the UN SDGs
- The value of increasing R & D into water technology and sustainable water use
2. Information and networking on policy and advocacy issues
The Association provides regular opportunities for water professionals and individuals to network as well as information on water policy and advocacy matters. For our current networking opportunities please view the events page.
The Association promotes water information, science, and analysis to inform and educate on the latest water policy and advocacy matters through the Association’s digital platforms.
3. Recognition for those individuals and organisations that are pursuing policy and advocacy matters
The Association is frequently recognising individual and organisational contributions to the water sector’s on-going discussion around policy and advocacy.
To ensure you stay up to date with the latest discussions and events make sure you subscribe to our free Source newsletter and YouTube and Podcast channels. Australian Water Association members receive specialised content through Current magazine, State and specialist interest newsletters. For more information about membership options please check out our membership page.
If you'd like to share your advocacy and policy work, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our advocacy work
Interested to read some of the Association’s policy and advocacy work?