The Water in Mining and
Energy Specialist Network promotes the importance of water
management in the resources sector. It also raises awareness of the
critical role of water professionals, and provides a forum for policy
development and training delivery.
By highlighting best practice case studies, the Specialist Network will inform perceptions in the water industry and community.
The Specialist Network works
across the two streams of Minerals and Energy that comprise the
resources sector. It focuses on issues arising from industry
interaction with water values. As such the scope includes ground and
surface water and any effects on these brought about by industry
Download the 2015-2016 Action Plan
The key objectives for the network are to;
- Develop an understanding of the role of water management in the resource industry,
- Promote the role of water professionals within the industry,
- Inform public debate on the role of water in the resource sector,
- Provide opportunity for exchange of skills between the resource and utility sectors,
- Influence policy development on water in mining and energy issues,
- Provide targeted training on industry specific issues,
- Facilitate access to high quality training for members and member organisations.
Want to join the Water in Mining and Energy Specialist Network?
We welcome participation from all individuals and organisations within
the mining sector, or anyone with an interest in water in mining. To join this network you must be a member of the Australian Water Association.