WA Gala Dinner & Awards Night - We had a blast!
Friday, 21 November 2015
Last Friday night the Australian Water Association Western Australian Branch hosted its annual Gala Dinner, welcoming over 200 attendees from across the state’s water industry to the Duxton Hotel. Hosted by Journalist Narelda Jacobs, the evening featured an award ceremony recognising excellence across the industry, and a keynote presentation by Deanne McDonald and Peter Moore, who highlighting the importance of maintaining a high level of awareness of the fragility of our water systems, and the increasing pressure that climate change is putting on our limited WA water resources. Peter noted that, despite the advances on desalination technologies, the conscious use of potable water is crucial for a sustainable future.
- Research Innovation Award, Presented by Sue Murphy (Water Corporation): Evaluation of Vibratory Shear Membrane Technology for Concentrate Minimisation and Brine Recovery/Recycling, National Centre of Excellence in Desalination Australia
- Infrastructure Project Innovation Award, Presented by Deanne McDonald (Australian Water Association): Pilbara Clearwater Alliance, Water Corporation & Downer
- Program Innovation Award, Presented by Patrick O'Leary (TRILITY): Rural Water Plan, Department of Water
- Grahame Heal Water Sensitive Urban Design Award, Presented by - Peter Elliott (AECOM): Urban Waterways Renewal, Department of Water & South East Regional Centre for Urban Landcare
- Conservation & Efficiency Award, Presented by Chris Young (SUEZ): Canning City Centre Arterial Drainage Plan, Essential Environmental
- Resource Management Award, Presented by Alejandro Cantos (Tecnicas Reunidas): River health assessments using the South West Index of River Condition, Department of Water
- Undergraduate Water Award, Presented by Blair Shackleton (GHD): Luke Murphy, Rottnest Island Sustainable water expansion project, Murdoch University
- Young Water Professional of the Year, Presented by Mike Rowe (Department of Water): Ben Mitchell, Jacobs
• Water Professional of the Year Award, Presented by Peter Moore (Australian Water Association): Mike Harold
After the awards, we were entertained by local band “Little Belle”, who brought life to the dance floor until the early hours. We really had a blast!