Young Water Professional Bursary
Complete application form
Show me a copy of the application form
About the bursary
The Bursary aims to reward the achievements of an outstanding young water professional who has demonstrated significant contribution and leadership potential in the water industry.
The Bursary includes:
- Full registration to Ozwater’19, including the Young Water Professional Program and the Conference Dinner
- Accommodation for the duration of the conference (from Sunday 3rd May to Thursday 7th May, inclusive)
- Return airfares from Bursary recipient’s closest regional airport to Adelaide Airport
The Bursary does not include:
- On the ground return travel to the Bursary recipient’s closest regional airport
- On the ground return travel to Adelaide Airport
- Daily travel costs to the convention centre
- Other incidental costs – including but not limited to time cost for travel and dinner
The YWP Bursary is open to water professionals who:
- Are 35 years and under; and
- Are financial members of the Australian Water Association (or an employee of a Corporate Member); and
- Have at least 12 months professional experience in the water industry in Queensland
In addition, as the Bursary recipient, you will be required to provide a short (250 words) report on your Ozwater’20 experience, which will be featured in Source QLD
(article to be submitted end of May).
- The bursary recipient will be determined by a panel comprising the AWA Queensland Branch President, Vice President and YWP Subcommittee Chair (or another Branch Committee or YWP Subcommittee member where a conflict of interest exists).
- Selection is completely at AWA’s discretion.
- In assessing the submission, panellists will consider whether the individual has:
o Displayed an outstanding personal and professional contribution to the water industry
o Existing or previous contribution to the Australian Water Association and intramural and extramural issues in the water sector
o Considered mechanisms for the sharing of knowledge and information gained at Ozwater’20 through initiatives in the QLD water community.
- Application submission due date: Friday, 6 March 2020
- Award announcement: Thursday, 17 March 2020