The Australian Water Association QLD Branch Awards is the highest accolade that currently exists in the QLD Water Industry. The Water Awards have been designed to acknowledge the best of the best in the QLD Water Sector as well as recognise exceptional achievements in a range of industry and individual categories.
The QLD Awards are in line with the Australian Water Association National Awards and provide the opportunity for the QLD winners to enter in the National Awards which are presented at Ozwater each year.
2019 QLD Water Awards
The winners of the 2019 QLD Water Awards were announced at the Queensland Gala Dinner on 13 September. The winners were automatically entered into the National Australian Water Awards category to be presented at Ozwater'20 in Adelaide.
QLD Water Professional of the Year Award Winner
Daryl Ross, Acting Director, Road and Water Infrastructure, Logan City Council
For more information about the 2019 award winners click here.
QLD Water Awards Categories
(*) In light of the exceptional work that all too often is done ‘under the radar’ in some of the less populous areas of our state, we have decided to split our Infrastructure Innovation and Program Innovation Awards to ensure our regional members are provided more access to the Association’s recognition pathways.These two categories will be split for judging based on the number of end users serviced by the organisation:
1) Infrastructure Project Innovation Award (Organisations servicing under 250,000 end users)
2) Infrastructure Project Innovation Award (Organisations servicing over 250,000 end users)
1) Program Innovation Award (Organisations servicing under 250,000 end users)
2) Program Innovation Award (Organisations servicing over 250,000 end users)
The nominee will be asked at the time of submitting the entry whether the submitting organisation services under 250,000 end users or over 250,000 end users. The same criteria will be used to asses both groups and if the projects/programs received are of sufficient merit, a winner would be awarded in each category. Following announcement of the winner at the Queensland Gala Dinner, one winner will be selected to represent the state as the National Finalist to compete in the Australian Water Awards.
Why enter the Awards:
- Recognition of your / your organisation’s achievements.
- Creation of PR / media promotion opportunities.
- Motivate your team and develop corporate pride.
- Distinguish yourself from your competitors.
- National benefits of a recognised endorsement from your industry.
All Awards, aside from the Student awards, are open to Australian Water Association members only. To download the Conditions of Entry click here.
Frequently asked questions
To download the Award FAQs, click here.
Find out more about previous winners here.