The Australian Water Association offers a range of awards at both state and national levels and plays an important role in promoting excellence and the contribution our members make to the community. The awards not only seek to recognise and reward outstanding achievement of individuals and organisations in the water sector, but also to identify those who have displayed conspicuous service to the profession and exceptional performance in the practice of water management.
All Awards, aside from the Student awards, are open to Australian Water Association members only. Conditions of entry for the Australian Water Association Awards Program can be viewed here
National Award Categories
For further details, click on the award categories below.
To view additional awards available in your state, please select your state below:
- Check when your state awards open and close, table below. Please note that NO extensions will be granted after the closing date.
- Click on the above award categories to complete the online nomination forms. We recommend you familiarise yourself with the award criteria, and the questions you will be asked in the form prior to completing.
- You can download a PDF copy of the online nomination form for your reference, however all entries must be entered online.
- If you start completing a nomination form, and cannot complete it at the time please call AWA (on 1300 361 426) as we can retrieve a copy of your incomplete entry.
- Nominations will be entered into the State Awards. The winner at each state level will automatically advance to the national awards.
The 2016/17 Water Awards are open throughout the year and you can submit your entry at any time up until the closing date. Please refer to the table below for the closing and announcement dates in your State or Territory.
2016/17 Award dates:
2015/16 National Award Winners
Congratulations to the 2015/16 National Award Winners, announced at Ozwater'16 Gala Dinner, Wednesday 11 May 2016. For a complete listing of all previous award winners click here.
|Infrastructure Project Innovation Award
||Suncoast-Coolum-Maroochydore STP Reconfiguration
| Program Innovation Award
||Allwater's Energy Management Program
| Research Innovation Award
||Advanced Condition Assessment and Pipe Failure Prediction Project
| Water Industry Safety Excellence Award
||Vacuum Truck Snorkel, TasWater
| Australian Stockholm Junior Water Prize
||Mohamed Jakaria, Queensland Academies Health Science Campus
| Undergraduate Water Prize
||Scott Roy, SMEC Australia
| Young Water Professional of the Year
|Kathryn Silvester, Sydney Water
| Water Professional of the Year
|Marc Fabig, Osmoflo
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to download the FAQs
Should you have any further questions please contact us on 1300 361 426 or email Katie Trevor.