Water Industry Safety Excellence Award
Nominations for the 2019 Water Industry Safety Excellence Award close 1 March 2019
Proudly Sponsored by WSAA
Acknowledging outstanding initiative and team contributions in considering and playing an active part in the area of safety improvement and injury prevention across the entire water industry.
- Established a process to identify the root cause of the problem, to consider the hierarchy of controls, to trial and develop the solution and the extent of consultation with the key stakeholders
- Originality: is this an entirely new concept and what was the contribution to others?
- Health and safety benefits achieved by the initiative, including the improvements in organisational or team health and safety performance
- Potential for broader application across the water industry and other industry
When completing the online nomination form
you will be asked to answer the following.
- Provide a brief overview of the safety initiative (up to 200 words)
- Outline what the safety issue is/was and the process to establish the root cause (up to 150 words)
- State the assessment of the hierarchy of control and how the highest feasible level of control was adopted (up to 200 words)
- Describe the process established to trial and develop the solution (up to 150 words)
- To what extent were key stakeholders consulted about the chosen process (up to 200 words)
- Is this initiative an original concept? How did others contribute to the development? (up to 200 words)
- Describe the health and safety benefits achieved by the initiative, including the improvements in organisational or team health and safety performance (up to 250 words)
- Can this initiative be transferred more broadly? If yes, how? (up to 200 words)
- Please upload:
- Lead-organisation bio
- Hi-resolution photos x 3
- Please provide a short overview of the nominee, to be used at the awards presentation night, should they be selected as a finalist. (50 words)
Note: A new element has been added to the 2018 National Awards. National Finalists will asked to prepare a one-minute video overview of their project for promotional purposes.
2018 Winner – Australian Water Industry Safety Excellence Award
FCD Skyhook Mark 4 – Fremantle Commercial Diving (WA)
After several years of development Fremantle Commercial Diving, incorporating Watertight Robotics, has set new standards in safety for accessing elevated water tanks. The Skyhook Mark 4 is a unique truck mounted mobile fall arrest system, which provides a rated overhead anchor point for two people. The device is now in full use and is the first of its kind in Australia.