Young Water Professional of the Year
Recognising young water professionals who have outstanding career achievements to date and who have the potential to play a large and influential role in the water industry.
Note: To be eligible nominee's must be 35 years & under when the Australian Water Awards are presented, Wednesday 6 May 2020.
- Displayed an exemplary personal and professional contribution to the water industry
- Recognised for raising the profile of careers in the water industry
- Recognised for raising water awareness in the community
- Recognised as a leader, communicator and/or educator amongst colleagues, peers and the broader community
When completing the online nomination form you will be asked to answer the following.
- How has the nominee contributed professionally to the water sector? (350 words)
- From a voluntary and personal perspective, how have they contributed to the water sector? (350 words)
- Outline the nominee's top three career highlights to date (500 words)
- How has the nominee raised the profile of careers in the water industry? (350 words)
- Water awareness in the community is important. How has the nominee raised a greater awareness of water across the wider community? Please provide at least one example. (500 words)
- What is the nominee’s proudest ‘water’ achievement to date? (500 words)
- In summary, outline why the nominee should be awarded Young Water Professional of the Year. (500 words)
- Please upload:
- Hi-resolution photos x 3
- Please provide a short overview of the nominee, to be used at the awards presentation night, should they be selected as a finalist. (50 words)
1. Winners of the State Award who progress to the National Award will asked to prepare a three-minute video overview of the nominee for promotional purposes.
2. Winners of the State Award who progress to the National Award will asked to provide a written reference from the nominee's manager.
What does the National Young Water Professional of the Year win?
The Young Water Professional of the Year Award has some especially cool perks if you win the national title including an all-expenses paid work experience trip to China! Download the flyer for more information
*Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to BEWG site availability, timing and weather conditions.
2019 Winner - Australian Young Water Professional of the Year
Process Engineer, TasWater
Matthew is an emerging leader driving change, engagement and critical thinking across the water and wastewater portfolio. He has pioneered innovations in water quality risk management and his career highlights to date rival the achievements of many experienced water industry professionals.
Matthew plays a critical role in improving TasWater’s reputation through his ability to engage with concerned customers during emergency incidents. His calm and mature approach with customers is helping to raise awareness and appreciation of the water industry within the community. He is also a strong advocate for positioning the water sector as an attractive career and is a key ambassador and mentor for TasWater’s cadetship program.
In only a short time Matthew has already made significant contributions to the industry and is a worthy recipient of the 2019 Young Water Professional of the Year Award.