Young Water Professional of the Year
The Young Water Professional of the Year is awarded to an exceptional water professional who aligns with the AWA purpose of inspiring and driving a sustainable water future. The awardee will be able to demonstrate their leadership, influence and passion for the water sector. This award is open to all Professional AWA Members and Employees of Corporate AWA Members who are 35 years of age or younger at the time of submission to their state or territory award round.
Complete the Nomination Form
- Displayed an exemplary personal and professional contribution to the sector.
- The individual has shown initiative, motivation and passion and has made an impact on the sector.
- Recognised as a leader and visionary amongst colleagues, peers and the broader community
When completing the online nomination form
you will be asked to answer the following.
- Describe how you have through your primary professional role contributed to the water sector? (500 words)
- Describe how you are promoting and inspiring a sustainable water future outside of your primary professional role, eg through roles you have volunteered for within your organisation or extra-curricular activities. (500 words)
- Please upload:
- 2 Reference statements addressing the judging criteria and why the nominee should be awarded the Young Water Professional of the Year. At least 1 reference statement should be from a direct or line manager (500 words each - uploaded as a .pdf file)
- Hi-resolution photos x 3
- Please provide a short promotional blurb about the nominee, to be used should they be selected as a finalist, to promote the nominee and to be used at the awards presentation event. (50 words)
Note: Winners of the State Award who progress to the National Award will asked to prepare a three-minute video overview of the nominee for promotional purposes. This video should feature the nominee, by either being on camera and/or speaking, for more than 75% of the video
2020 Winner - Australian Young Water Professional of the Year
Dr Paul Satur, Researcher, Monash Water Sensitive Cities, Monash Sustainable Development Institute and Our Future Cities
Dr Paul Satur is an early career environmental and social science researcher with the Centre for Water Sensitive Cities. He is also Co-Founder of the Our Future Cities organisation. His passion and focus lie in developing the knowledge, tools and influence to foster a socially inclusive and vibrant sustainable water future for everyone. With a career spanning just 10 years, Paul has made significant inroads in progressing the sector beyond best practice through innovation and excellence in community engagement, capacity building and empowerment initiatives for a more socially just and inclusive water future.